Monday, December 7, 2015

project

9/1/1954
    Now, I am on the airport to America. Most of the people are sleep, I just can hear the sound from the airplane. There also has some lights in front of some people. Maybe they are exciting just like me. The food on the airplane is really delicious. I never eat the great food like that. People on the airplane read the English books. Everything is American style.
I’m so exciting about my life in America because this is my first time to the other country. Especially, I will study their. I just granted a scholarship a few days before. However, I know my English is very poor and I afraid I can not understand what Americans say. Also, because I am a scholarship person, if I get a bad grade, I can not study in America any more. I know my mom and my dad can not support my life in America. I should look for some part-time job to earn some money. I want to buy something for my family. Oh. When I think about that, I begin to miss my parents. I hope she won’t be too said because I come to America to study. I think I also should buy some gifts for my teacher in China, because she helped me to find this great school.
9/1/1954
    Today is still 9/1, because the time change to American time. I am in the dorm now. When I arrived America, I tried to understand what people talk about, but I faired. I could not understand what were they saying and they spoke too quick to understand. I afraid I can not understand my classes. I saw people hug in the airport, and kiss there. It’s so different from China. No one will do these in the public place. People think that was very rude.
    My roommate is Chloe, she a very nice person. She talked with me a lot about this school and we went to market together today. When I saw those price I felt surprised. It is too high and higher than in China. I think I should quickly to find a part-time job and earn some money. I want my parents think I am good in America. Therefore, I want to buy some gifts quickly.
9/3/1954
    Today is the Opening School Ceremony. I go to the lecture hall with Chloe. On the way to the lecture hall, she told me that they have more than one scholarship students in this school. However, I never believe that Korean girl, Sookan, will wear hanbok to the Opening School Ceremony. Of cause, everyone look at her because that was very different from American’s style. Maybe I should thanks for her because she takes all the sight from others. No one pay attention on me because of my different face and different clothes.
9/4/1954
    Today is my first day of my classes. I have lots of difficult classes. But Sister June told me if I feel difficult, I can change my class. However, I don’t want to the school think I can not hold my classes. I afraid they won’t give me the scholarship next year. Therefore, even if I don’t like my classes, I can’t change them because I hope the school will think I have the enough energy to hold my classes.
10/04/1954
    I heard Sookan have a part-time job about the baby setting. I also should look for a job like that. I think I should go to find my professor to talk about how to find a job. And also, I want to ask her about some questions about how to do those work. Will I find a good job like Sookan’s? Will I do good at my work. I should begin to prepare my job and my study. My classes are too hard, but I want to try a less time because I don’t want to give up too early. I think other scholarship students also will think that.
10/6/1954
    I ask my professor about the part-time job. She said there is a good job and I can go to see it this weekend. It is an assistant in the kitchen because I cook the food in China everyday for my family. She said it will be very useful in Amercia. However, in China, every woman should know a little about how to cook. The man will go farming outside and woman should stay in the home and cook and take care of the babies. Even it change a lot but most of the woman will learn a little about cooking. I am very lucky because people think woman doesn’t need to study, but my family don’t think so. They took me to the school and give me the good education.
10/9/1954
    Today is the day I go to see that restaurant. I wear the most fashion dress I think and went to that restaurant. When I stand in front of that restaurant, I know this must be a very popular place for people to have meal. Everything, include the door and some small flower here will make people feel very relax and want to have meal here. I go into the restaurant quickly. When the cooker see me, he just ask me to cook something for him to taste. I am so nervous at that time because I never cook for the others except my family. I do everything carefully and look at the cooker many times like a cat. When he taste my food, I just feel my heart isn’t in my body. But after he eat the food, he smiled at me that I never see that. He told me I can go to do my work next weekend. I am so happy even I think I will be very busy after next weekend.
10/16/1954
    This is my first time to do the job in America. My job is cooking some Chinese food for the people and help cooker to prepare the vegetables, meats and etc. I am so exciting today because lots of people think Chinese food is very delicious and give me some fee. Except the money I got everyday, I get 26 dollars today from the gusts. The cooker also says that he likes Chinese food and I am so good at cooking. He is very serious person and just smile few times, but he smiles today at me that makes me very proud of that.
11/10/1954
    I write a letter for my family today. I give the letter for the people who is in the school and manager the letter and help us to send and receive it. I tell my mom and dad I am good in the school and don't worry me. I tell them I get a good job in a restaurant. People like my food and the cooker is good for me. I should thanks for them that they teach me how to cook. I also tell them, I will quickly buy some gifts in America for them and let them know I am good in America. In the letter, I tell them don't worry about my study. I will do well and try everything by my best.
11/17/1954
    Thanksgiving will coming, I don't will can I go because everyone go back to their home. I cannot go back to China because that's too far away and that will cost too much money. Also, I cannot stay in the school because everyone will go back home. There's no teacher here and all the dorm will be closed. Chloe tells me that I can go to her home, but I'm afraid that her family will think I am the problems. I ask another international student Sookan. She says she will go to Ellen's home. I think that will be a good ideal to go to my roommate's home. I will just her tomorrow.

    11/18/1954
I am so happy! Chloe says I can go to her home and her family is really welcome me. I am so happy because that means I have things to do in my first thanksgiving break. I am prepare about my thanksgiving break now because we just have 3 days left. I take the clothes from China and want to give a surprise for Chloe and her family. I heard that she has a older brother and a younger sister. I am so envious about that because I don't have any brother and sister. I expect the life in her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment