Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Grammar

comma splice
The use of a comma to join two independent clause.
She is a smart person for she got A+ this year.

run-on sentence
An ungrammatical sentence in which two or more independent clauses are conjoined without a conjunction.
I like my roommate because she is very nice she helped me about my homework when I have some words that I don't know she will help me.

sentence fragment
A sentences lacks the subject or verb which is including in a sentences.
I think Tommy good at playing basketball.

independent clause
A clause in a complex sentence that can stand alone as a complete sentence.
Coco like playing guitar.

dependent clause
A clause in a complex sentence that cannot stand alone as a complete sentence and that functions within the sentence as a noun or adjective or adverb.
Because she like playing guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment