Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Review of The Book

Vivian Xue
English II
Ms. Guarino
11/16/2015
The Review of Book
    When I recalled back to the book, I felt lots of change on Sookan. She went to America and studied there. The new community made her thinking changed. She became thinking like an American. In the school, she made lots of friends and also became more outgoing in the end of the freshman year. Her family changed a lot but she never lost hope.
    I like this novel and also, I want to recommend this story to other students, especially, the new students who came to America at the first time. Because this story is about an international student’s life. It shows the differences between America and other country. Also, when I came to America, I could feel the same thing that Sookan felt. The better thing I have is that my mom came here with me at the first time. I could go to the market with my mom and bought things I have to use. I didn’t feel lonely because my parents were beside me. And also, I didn’t have scholarship that should work so hard like her.
    I also want to recommend people in their own country to read this book. Because all my friends think we are very easy to study in America, but it isn’t. We also have homework even it is not as much as Chinese have. However, the homework in China, we just need to know how to get answer for the questions, but in America, we should know why we can get this answers. Like what in the book. Sookan should read lots of pages of the book. But in our country, teacher will tell us which one will appeared in the test and lets us remember the main things for the whole chapter. We also have the test. Every test will be very important. For example is Sookan’s History test. When she knew she passed text, she felt sad because she afraid her grades will be lower. In my country, the final exam will be the most important one, because other grades won’t be recorded on our report card.
    I think this story tell us we should not lose our hope even if the life lets us feel very bad and gives us lots of difficulties. When Sookan when to America, she even couldn’t understand what others said. But she had to work hard to keep her scholarship because her family could not support her in America to study. She never gave up and worked so hard that she fell down in the bathroom and did not take the history test. When she in America, her mom died in Korea but she don’t know until Father Lee come  to America and give she her mother’s letter. Even if the life is so unfair for her, she still not lose her hope; she made friends; got her grade higher; become more outgoing. When she upset with the death of her mom, her friends tried to make her happy.
    I think in this story, the author wants us never lose hope even the life give you lots of difficulties. Also, I think she wants to tell us the story of an international student’s life in America. It will be very useful because the article is not very hard to understand and everyone can read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment