Friday, November 13, 2015

Vocabulary #3

1.mannequin N.
The model for fashion
A small, black velvet purse hung on the shoulder of the mannequin.

2. Second-hand Adj.
Buy it from others. The thing is used by others and spelled it when they don't need it anymore
I had purchased second-hand textbooks from upperclassmen at a fraction of the original price.

3. Animatedly, Adj.
Devoted, jovial mood.
Many of our classmates were there, with drinks in hand, talking animatedly.

4. faltered V.
Very weak and seems will fell down everytime.
Marci! Mrs. Gannon faltered, I jus want you to look pretty for your formal dinners at the dining hall.

5. Impulsive Adj.
Without thinking before doing something; just follow the mind.
She would acknowledge that I had done something impulsive, but would say that it was okay.

6. constrained  Adj.
uncomfortably; feel not free; feel limited.
I had always felt constrained there.

7. Gregorian chant N.
The song in the church; about religion
A Gregorian chant program is scheduled for June, and students will be coming from around the world.

8. Pearl N.
The round, smooth little sphere found in shell
The pearl necklace and wishbone pin would really stand out against the black velvet.

9. Elope  v.
Run away and don't tell anyone with lover
We are going to elope, she blew her nose and hurled the box of tissues onto the floor.

10. Taciturn Adj.
don't like talk with others; speak too less.
I would write to each of my taciturn brothers, even though they had never written to me.

11. Sobbed V.
Cry without any sounds
I pulled the covers over my head, and sobbed unit I fell asleep.

12. Pouch N.
A small bag in the hand can take a little things
In a silk pouch that Mother had made was her thin, white gold wedding hand.

13. Listlessly Adv.
Without any energy; do everything looks tired
As I stared forward listlessly, little Sarah snuggled up against me, and whispered into my ear, I love you.

14. Hymn N.
The song to praise in religion
I was comforted by their huh-pinched hymns reverberating in the domed chapel.

15. Fainted V.
Fall down and fall in sleep because of too afflictive
You fainted two days ago and you have been here ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment