Monday, April 25, 2016

Reflection

Painting Project For Pobby And Dingan
Last two weeks, we did a creative project for the book, Pobby and Dingan. I chose painting to do this project because I want to use painting to express this book. However, I think I am not very successful.
For this project, I paint Kellyanna, Pobby and Dingan on the paper. However, I did not draw Pobby and Dingan’s body because they are Kellyanna’s imaged friends. Then, I design how to draw Pobby and Dingan, so I draw their shadows. I draw three shadows for Pobby, Dingan and Kellyanna. I did not draw Kellyanna’s legs because in the end, she has already died. She is looking at a house. In my opinion, she cannot forget the her family, especially Ashmol, because he is the only one went to the claim to look for Pobby and Dingan. I think for the book, Ashmol is the only one really want Kellyanna to be better. That’s why he tried every thing that can make Kellyanna feel better. By the other way, his father care more about his job and his future; his mother care more about her choice before and her future. I think for this part, we can see the difference between adults and children. Children are more naive than adults. They think less about the works, money and life. They just help someone that they like. They did everything they want and they like.
For their house, I use the dark color that I want to say their family is sad for Kellyanna’s death. However, I use the light blue for the sky because I think even there is a family member died, they still should work and get more money to make this family to get better. Also, because people believe Kellyanna’s father is going to look for Pobby and Dingan, he is not the ratter any more; he can work in the claim again. That is another “nice day”. On the ground, there are nothing there because Kellyanna died, she won’t say more things about Pobby and Dingan. However, it looks not very comfortable because Kellyanna leave also.
In the beginning, I was thinking to draw the life that the left Kellyanna, Pobby and Dingan. However, that should draw like a cartoon, and that is the worst thing I drawed. I think their father and mother will still prepare for another three plates for Kellyanna, Pobby and Dingan. Maybe father will regret why he didn’t take more care about Kellyanna before. Therefore, for the Painting, I drew a view of Kellyanna’s back. That make she looks sad and worry. I think she is worry about her family; she is sad about she didn’t she died so young that she didn’t have a nice life. However, she is not lonely because Pobby and Dingan are staying with her.
I tried my best to do this project, but it still have so many problems. For example, I want to finish my project in the weekend that I have three days to change it. However, Ms. Kubat forgot sent email to tell AOD to open the Art Building for me, so I just can do that on Wednesday. Therefore, I have no time to change it. Then, the house, shadows, sky and etc. are all very simple. That is not the painting that I want to get. Also, in the beginning, I said I want to draw a opal in the sky, but when I finish most of the things on the paper, I find I have no time to draw the opal. Therefore, I just draw a very simple sky on the paper.
I have so many things should be improve. I think I will do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment